A breakup is one such incident that breaks your heart. When our significant other separates from us, it is intolerable. A pain that is worse than being stabbed by ten people at the same time. The night when you break up, there will arise this empty feeling in your stomach, very strange and scary, threatening to pull all your senses away. Yes, this is how much a breakup can hurt.
Loneliness is an understatement
It is not just loneliness that we are gifted with, but also a kind of an uncertainty, where our future turns into one big scary land, which we know nothing about. It brings down our confidence, and shatters us into pieces. It is loneliness that kills.
They say, “It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply”. This deep feeling can do you so much harm, eating you up on the inside.
Fighting away loneliness
At this point, you must realise that sitting in a corner, thinking about the one who has gone with the wind, will do no good, but only make it worse. Fighting away loneliness is what matters here. Loneliness could forever tie your hands down, imprisoning you. Here are some steps that you can take towards overcoming pain:
- Keep yourself engaged in some activity or the other. It may be academics or your hobby or job. Do not be free. You’ll begin thinking about it again.
- Talk to people. Your friends, neighbours and other acquaintances. Talk freely, but remember not to once again get attracted to the opposite sex, while developing friendship.
- This is one of the best ways to obtain peace and it will make you feel fresh.
- Spend time with parents, discussing about your future. Family bonding will give you good motivation to begin concentrating on your career.
Here are some important things that you should NOT do:
- Do not make attempts to get back with your ex. If broken once, then rebuilding trust and love are difficult.
- Do not immediately rush and get into another relationship. You must understand that you have had a breakup for a reason. Avoid love or lust.
- Listening to sad and slow music can bring back memories about your ex. Avoid that.
- Do not waste your time on unhealthy relationships with people.
- Avoid seeking sympathy from others. This can affect your inner mind and thoughts.
Separation does hurt, but life is all about how we are able to overcome it. Do not develop unnecessary hopes of getting back together or finding another partner soon. You must understand that finding a life partner is not that easy, nor is it in our hands. If it is destined to happen, it will happen.