An ideal family of every woman is her husband and children, but ideal things are rarely possible. In laws are complimentary package with marriage .one out of four women find it difficult to deal with their in laws, especially mother in laws. However, you could master the art of effectively handling your in laws in simple few steps:
- Be at peace with yourself. Yes, your life has been full of disturbances recently but, now you should to calm down yourself. Take some time off, sit alone and reconcile, forget and forgive for your calm soul is the first step towards rebuilding trust in your family and increasing the family bonding.
- Talk to your better half about your relationship issues with your in laws. Be clear in mind that you are simply opening yourself in front of your in partner not complaining about his parents. Your compatibility with your partner defines how effectively he is going to brainstorm your problems.
- It is human tendency to grasp negative things more easily, and that’s the exact case when your in laws try to advice you. Don’t take their parenting advice as interference; rather try to find the brighter side of it, if you could not make your arrangements according to it then make them understand in a polite way.
- Be yourself from the very beginning of the relationship. Don’t try to fake the level of compatibility with your in laws. They must know you naturally. You must vent out the same courteous feeling to yourthem as you would do for your parents or any elderly. This attitude solves half of the problem
- Talk to them about how desperately you want to maintain healthy relationship with them, that you respect them and would be very happy if they would accept you as their daughter. This might help you in bringing out their cosier side in front of you.
- Last but not the least,don’t feel low if they don’t show approval for your plans, neither disrespect them for it. Tell them politely that you would like to stick to what you think is right. Also, it is very important not to keep any expectations from them be it in the kitchen or child care. You may take the help of in laws as reward not habit.
Coping up with in laws has been an itch for the society since time immemorial. Keep in mind that a majority of the problems could be avoided by having a healthy communication and respectful attitude. But if nothing works, you are left with no option but to walk out.