When you are heading for a divorce, avoid being in a hurry. There are many things that you may not be able to foresee or surmise before you actually divorce your partner.
Some of the hard truths are mentioned below:
- Kids would get affected: In fact, “affected” is too small a word. You will have to understand that your children who are a result of your marriage with this person you don’t like now. These children will lose one of the parents either the father or the mother, once you get divorced. Never think that it would not leave them with an impact. They will get devastated, no matter how cool you try to pose. They would know it for sure that one of the parents would not be with them the way he or she used to be. They would not appreciate the fact that they can meet this parent only on occasions and not regularly.
- You may suffer from loneliness: You may suffer from loneliness, because you have been staying with a person all these years, which quietly became an integral part of your personality. Now, that you are not there with him you may feel left out and alone.
- You will be peaceful: the fights would stop if you it has been going on in your relationship, but, what would set in are silence. You may want to get rid of your marriage to get peace in life, but, there is a possibility that your life would get filled with “horrifying silence”.
- Financial crunch: All this while you might have been receiving considerable support from your spouse on terms of money matters. After divorce you will be managing the show alone, and, even if you will be getting alimony or child support, the money may get insufficient during tough moments in life.
- Managing chores: Even if there was fight, your spouse kept helping you to manage the chores. And hence both of you could run the show. After you get divorced, the chores will be your job and you may find it difficult to manage them all by yourself.
- Missing your spouse and regretting: You may be assured that you are not going to miss your spouse, but, you may actually miss him or her more than you ever did. When the person remains absent from your life, the chances are very high that you realize your own mistakes too and miss this person. You may not be happy taking the decision of getting divorced.
Getting divorced should be the only option after things get unbearable. After you realize that nothing else would work well, then you can file for a divorce case. But while doing so you must consider the impact it would have on children and even yourself. It is always advisable to think through rather than making a hasty decision. There is always an option before you finally dissolve your marriage.