After a long day of work, when you return backs home, the first person you evacuate your stress upon is your spouse.
Yes, this is true in most of the marriages, when one spouse is seen to be venting out his other anger and stress on the other. The one who is at the receiving hand will take it for some time, but, there will be a stage when it would get unbearable. So, you would feel an urgent need to make yourself stress free before you enter the house.
Ways to keep your stress away from your marriage
- Work out to vent out: If you feel that you really get stressed, then make sure that you include working out in your daily routine especially after returning back from the office. If you do so, your negative energy will be vented out in the form of “sweat” and you would feel relieved.
- Avoid talking to your spouse right after coming back home: if you do so, you may land up getting into a fight, the day your spouse loses his or her temper. So, it would be nothing but a crossfire which would only heat up the situation rather than putting it off.
- Have patience: the partner who is being the softest and easily available target should hold on to the patience and understand the stress the other one could be undergoing. Later, you may make your spouse understand the pain you take in tolerating his or temper.
- Get into some relaxing activity: If you are stressed out, then make sure you play some game or watch out a movie or even listen to some music to ease out the stress. You can think of meditating to get some relief as well.
- Mutual discussion: it is important that you let your partner know about your botheration in a positive manner instead of putting it in a negative way. This will let you draw enough support and attention from your partner, without even making things sour between toes of you.
- Forgive: If you can’t do anything else, you can at least forgive your partner. This will ensure that your home environment does not get dirty. Later, when you think that your partner has come back to senses, you put across your point very gently. This will probably help your partner to re-evaluate his or her deed.
- Be supportive: When you display support, you will get it reflected back. You can welcome your partner returning back from office in a little surprising way. This will add fun to both your lives, making you stress free.
Driving away the stress from your married life is an art more than a science. The stress which you pick up in the office and bring to your house could be devastating if it is not handled at the appropriate time in an appropriate manner. So, be alert and take it as an alarm before it gets too late.