22nd April: Do you want to know the basic tips to make long distance relationship work?
If yes, then here we are discussing the topic in detail.
Tips to make long distance relationship work—So, you want to make long distance relationship work. That’s clear. But the thing is how to make it. Remember, long distance relationship may be somewhat tough. However, keep in mind that it has its own set of surprises.
<blockquote> Let us see some tips to make long distance relationship work. </blockquote>
- Avoid excessive communication—Don’t be over possessive. You don’t need to communicate every 12 hours every day. This is not necessary to keep your relationship strong. Rather, it will make the things worse. Keep in mind that in long distance relationship-less is more.
- Be open—Make sure to keep your walls down. Stay open about your emotions, both good and the bad. When you are apart, little obstacles may become mountains.
- Consider it as an opportunity—Want to live together? Learn how to live apart, says a famous proverb. Consider it as a learning opportunity for both of the partners. It’s a test of your love for each other. Believe that through such experience, both of the partners will bound together stronger.
- Make time—When you meet each other, make time for good time together. Don’t just clutter lots of stuff to be done. Go easy and enjoy.
- Set rules to manage expectations—Have clarity about your expectations(both the partners) during the long distance relationship. Set some rules. This could be about your commitment level, going on dates etc. Be open with each other about such issues.
- Communicate regularly—Communication is indispensable in case of long distance relationship. Updates on your life are a must to be given to your partner. This could be through sending each other pictures, videos at regular intervals.
- Something that reminds you of your partner—You and your partner must send each other something physical that they have felt or touched in hands.
- Playing games—You can have fun without being together by playing video games every day.
- Don’t play power games—Never ever play the power games to see who cares more or less. Learn to live without each other. Try to appreciate how lovely you feel with your partner in your life. Remember, you need to learn that you want each other, and not just need each other.
- Trust the person—You need to trust your partner especially in long distance relationship. Don’t scrutinize or question them for small things. Get creative.