31st August: Few bumps are there in almost every marriage along the way. However, in some cases, it can affect your marriage adversely.
Bumps in a relationship could be due to several different factors including finances, kids, job, poor health, negative habits, expectations or in-laws. So, lets us find out some different tools to tackle the menace of bumps in a relationship for having a smooth road in a marriage.
- Attitude—If you want to have a healthy and a bump-free relationship, you need to take your marriage vows seriously. That is to say, one needs to enter into wedlock with a positive state of mind. With such an attitude, one can overcome any bumps in a marriage.
- Communication—Communication is extremely important if you want to keep bumps away from your marriage. Moreover, if you already have a bumpy relationship, even then, communication can prove to be a vital tool to help repair such bumps in your marriage or your relationship. Fix a time to communicate when there are no distractions. So, when your kids are sleeping and your computers are shut off, you can have a quality communication with your partner.
- Control your emotions—Are you an emotional wreck? Well, you are the real culprit in creating bumps in your marriage. Yes, if any of the partners is an emotional wreck, then there is a need to control their emotions. Remember, emotional breakdowns are not mature ways to deal with any situation. Bring your maturity level to deal with a situation wisely.
- Humor is good—Humor is a powerful tool to defuse emotional tense situations. However, take care not to engage in humor at the expense of others. Shy away from sarcasm. Simply use a joke to make the disagreement become more tolerable.
- Intimacy, honesty and realism—Realism, intimacy and honesty are crucial for reducing and eliminating bumps in your marriage. These can also cut the rates of divorce.
- Nurture your marriage—Nurturing your marriage is helpful to overcome bumps in any marriage. Respect and appreciation need to showered on a daily basis to each other. Say no to negative habits like violence, arguments, threats, screaming, calling names or silent treatments. Make use of affection, communication, affirmative words, family time, sexual fulfillment, honesty and openness to nurture your marriage.
- Seek outside help—Seek outside help to get over bumps in your marriage. You can consult a marriage counselor or a marriage professional to overcome marriage problems and transform your marriage into a happier and a healthier one.