There is no marital relationship which is exactly the same as another one and therefore the rules to make them happy can never be exactly the same. But, there can always be a common string which can be learning for the other couple.
However, there are ways which can make your relationship almost perfect and can help you to balance the same with your spouse.
Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- Overlook: If you really want to balance your marital relationship then you must “overlook” the minor issues between the two of you. If you don’t learn to ignore and overlook these issues you may land up getting into a debate with your spouse every now and then.
- Try to be patient: this is probably the key to most of the issues and is the reason for many relationships to survive longer than the others.
- Be appreciative: before it is too late, learn to appreciate your partner sometimes publicly and even privately. This will boost his or her self-esteem and will give a feeling of being “liked” by you.
- Be apologetic: if you realize that you have gone wrong somewhere then don’t let your ego rule the relationship and make sure that you move up to your spouse to say “sorry” before it is too late.
- Learn to forgive: Don’t carry on with the baggage of previous day, forgive your spouse for the small mistakes committed by him or her. This will make you feel light too.
- Take initiative: Whether it is all about arranging a surprise or making love in the bed, you must not wait for your partner to take initiative always. Be the first one to take initiative and make your spouse feel important and wanted.
- Share the responsibility: Play the role of being equal in the relationship. Whether it is all about purchasing grocery in the beginning of the month or teaching your kids cycling, both of you should play an equal role by taking almost equal amount of responsibility.
- Organise surprises: keep organising surprises for your spouse, this will enlighten the bond and you can see a “pleasant smile” on your spouse’s face.
- Be a good listener: If you only keep talking, you may land up losing upon the opportunity to read his or her mind. So, listen intently and analyse, this will make your partner understand that you are interested in what he or she has to share with you.
- Don’t explain when spouse is angry: Wait for him or her to calm off, otherwise, your explanation might take the form of “argument” which in turn can get changed to “fight”. So wait for the right moment.
There can never be a perfect guideline to “balance” your relationship, though, you can always make efforts by learning from the past experiences and applying them same judiciously. Key to a happy marital cord lies with the spouses themselves so they both of have to be alert and make equal contributions too.