The life of a victim of domestic violence is exceptionally difficult for someone who has been living with an abusive man. This man who keeps torturing and maligning he moral of the victim through words and even physically is not easy to handle. Therefore, a victim should know a little about treating this person and reduce her pain at least to some extent.
Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- If you choose to be in an abusive relationship for the reasons known to you, there would be adjustments galore coming your way. You will have to compromise with everything you do in life which could range from sleep habits to food preferences and even clothing style. You may have chosen a dress for the evening party and may have to change immediately before you are to leave, because you don’t want to get abused by your partner.
- Be prepared to suddenly receive a gift and the next moment could be full of pain. The very next minute your partner may abuse you for not opening the gift properly. So everything becomes unpredictable and it goes beyond anticipation. To avoid this, you may ask your partner before even doing the smallest possible thing.
- You may find your partner absolutely loving and asking for forgiveness for the abuse he caused to you. You may get carried away in the beginning thinking that what he did was only out of anger. But, again within a short period of time you will experience a similar expression and pain for yourself.
- You need to learn to be diplomatic before believing that your partner has changed and he really wants to set things right. He may want to recover everything between you and him but he does not realize that he has become a slave of his own nature.
- If you are caught in the relationship because you have children and they need a father then stop and talk to yourself. You need to understand if the love of father who is quite fearful is more important than not being loved by a father. You must listen to your heart and make a decision accordingly considering the future and upbringing of your children.
- There would be a time when you will not be able to take it anymore, if you really come to this stage then make sure you remain firm with your decision and don’t move back no matter how much you are convinced by your partner.
Handling domestic violence is a task which could drain out a great deal of energy from you. All you need to do is to make compromises if you are actually convicted about them and you don’t want to hurry with the decision of dissolving your relationship. But, if you think that it is draining out the best part of your life and is making you feel miserable day by day then you must take the decision which makes you feel happy an sets you free from an abusive and painful relationship.