When you appear for an exam, you make it a point to learn the subject and prepare yourself the best so that you score well.
Marriage is no less than an exam where you need to make a lot of preparation before you get into such a vital relationship in life.
Some of the skills you need to hone are:
- Control of emotions: it is an important art you need to learn before entering into your marriage. You must the art of controlling your emotions well. You cannot afford to let your emotions surface right at the moment when they come to you.
- Effective Communication: You must also master the art of communicating. And this should be bilateral, which means you have to understand the “way” of your spouse’s communication too.
- Control of expressions: It is very important that you have a good control on your expressions. You must know when to express and when to hold them back.
- Understanding the hidden code: Sooner you learn the art of decoding your spouse’s expressions, better adjusted your married life would be. It would be a rare phenomenon to have a person without a code of his or her own language.
- Hiding some and sharing some: never share about yourself with your spouse. After all, the person you get married to be also a human being, so there is every possibility that he or she may get judgemental about you. So, refrain from sharing all the happenings in the past.
- Be sincere and trustworthy: Remember you are entering a relationship which is truly based upon trust and sincerity; hence there should be no flaw from your side.
- Be transparent: Any happening which has got direct link with your spouse should definitely be downloaded upon your spouse.
- Learn to hold patience: While you have entered into a new relationship, there would be instances, which would not be according to your choice, but, you have to remain calm and patient and wait for the right moment to opine about the same.
- Be realistic: You may have associated a lot of fairy tales with your married life, but make sure that you live in the real world. This will keep you away from unwanted pain.
- Learn to resolve conflicts: never sit with a problem, because if not solved on time, a problem may get giant and eat up the peace of your relationship, so resolve any differences sooner than later.
- Learn to be happy: the marriage of fairy tales is different from the one in real life, so you should learn to be happy with whatever you have received in life rather than mourning on what you haven’t received.